Looking to spruce up your bedroom? This is the perfect creative solution to turning a blank wall space into a fun, flirty feature. Nastazsa from YouTube channel “LagunaBeachLove10″ shows us how to make a beautiful DIY Light Up Headboard to hang behind your bed. Nastazsa makes one to fit behind her full-size bed, but you can fit one behind a bed of any size — simply match a curtain rod to the proper length. This project is simple to achieve, and can be completed on a tight budget. Here are the tools you’ll need:
- Curtain rod to fit the length of space desired
- Mini Christmas lights (She uses two boxes of 300 lights each)
- Damage-free plastic hooks (She uses a full 18 pack)
- Curtains (She uses white Teresia curtains from IKEA)
Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Hang the curtain rod with an electric drill
- Add hooks in a straight line, evenly spaced apart
- Now, add the lights by draping them around the hooks. Avoid tangles in the wire.
- Take the curtain rod down. Fit the curtain onto the curtain rod and rehang the rod.
- Arrange the curtain as desired.
- Turn on the lights, and enjoy the view!
This light-up headboard adds such a lovely, feminine touch to any bedroom. I seriously can’t wait to make one for behind my bed! Please SHARE this awesome DIY project with your friends on Facebook!